The birth of Shalom Rescue Foundation occurred after hearing stories from children and young people who are victims of sexual abuse, victims of sex trafficking/prostitution, and seeing victims who suffer in other ways that no one should have to endure. The issues of abuse are widespread across Sierra Leone impacting children and young people of all ages, socio-economic classes, and gender. Abuse is often hidden, unseen or under-reported. It is not widely acknowledged or understood.
Caregivers often do not have the knowledge or comfort to support the victims of abuse. There is also negligible country-specific research, expertise or resources available to guide practice and only a few NGOs that are actively working in this space in a focused manner. At this time our Founder, Mrs. Eustacia Anderson felt a strong personal wish to do something concrete for the most vulnerable children and young people and therefore choose to form Shalom Rescue Foundation.
SRF envision a society where children will live a meaningful life that is free of abuse, violence, judgment, and fear.
…is to prevent, intervene, and provide placement for children who are survivors of abuse, sexually assaulted, involved in prostitution, neglected, and or homeless.
… to meet the needs of abused, neglected, and at-risk children across Sierra Leone. We recognize that when children don’t have equal opportunity for healthy growth and development, we put our future as a society at risk. We are aware that it takes one to help one to make a difference and that one starts with Shalom Rescue Foundation.
What We Do
We work to meet the needs of children and young people who are at risk, sexually assaulted, involved in prostitution, neglected, and or homeless. We focus our efforts on the Prevention, intervention, placement, and treatment of survivors of abuse through the development and implementation of specialized programs, community outreach and sensitization. Our programs and services help those entrusted in our care to heal at their own pace and live a life they deserve: one filled with love in an environment of compassion and kindness.
Our Aims & Objectives
Our Core Values: Our Guiding Principles
Through these core values, the Shalom Rescue Foundation is able to deliver high-quality programs and services that make a real difference in the lives of children and young people in Sierra Leone. We are committed to upholding these values in all our activities and to continually improving our work to better serve those entrusted in our care.
- Compassion: We believe in treating all those we serve with empathy, kindness, and understanding, regardless of their circumstances or background.
- Respect: We value the dignity and worth of every individual and strive to treat everyone we serve with respect and integrity.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with other organizations, individuals, and communities to create a collective impact and achieve our common goals.
- Innovation: We are committed to continuous improvement and seek out new and creative ways to address the needs of those we serve.
- Accountability: We are transparent and accountable in all our activities, ensuring that our programs and services are effective, efficient, and sustainable.
- Empowerment: We believe in empowering those we serve to take control of their lives and build a better future for themselves and their communities.
- Cultural Sensitivity: We recognize and respect the diversity of the communities we serve and strive to provide culturally sensitive programs and services that are responsive to their unique needs and circumstances.